TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Within these Terms and Conditions “The Company” means James Cornwell Interiors Limited and “The Purchaser” means the client(s) and therefore person(s) signing The Contract. To ensure that the supply and installation of The Purchaser goods progresses as smoothly as possible, The Company would like The Purchaser to read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions.
1. The Company will design, supply and install as set out in the fixed price Contract.
2. Value added tax (VAT) will be charged at the rate applicable on the date on the final invoice.
3. By signing The Contract The Purchaser, agree to pay The Company, a deposit for the services agreed in the fixed price Contract. This deposit is not refundable in the event of The Purchaser cancelling the order.
4. If The Purchaser wishes to cancel the Contract, they have 7 days to do so, under the ‘Cancellation of Contracts Made in the Consumer’s Home or Place of Work Regulations 2008’ which came into force on 1 October 2008. The Notice of the Right to Cancel form must be completed and returned to The Company as clearly instructed on the form.
5. The Purchaser has the right to waiver their cancellation rights by clear instruction in the form of a written letter to The Company and payment of deposit for the ordering of their materials and goods as per The Contract.
6. The dates given for installation and delivery are approximate. All installations and orders are unique, individually tailored and are dependent on outside suppliers. However, The Company will endeavour try to adhere to the schedule of works arranged.
7. In the event of cancellation by The Purchaser, The Company retains the right to raise a charge for any works already carried out, the cost of goods specially ordered or manufactured, and cost of storage and/or administrative fees prior to the cancellation.
8. All goods, fitments and materials supplied and/or installed, together with all plans and specifications, remain the property of The Company until The Company has received the full Contract price.
9. In the event that The Purchaser provides plans, measurements and components required etc. The Purchaser cannot hold The Company responsible for any inaccuracies.
10. It is the responsibility of The Purchaser to ensure that services such as gas, electricity, water and drainage are available at all times, to allow normal fixing and if necessary testing, of the installation. If electrical work is not included within The Contract, all switches and sockets must be in convenient and accessible positions. If required, The Company can provide and adapt existing services, not included in The Contract, for an additional fee payable by The Purchaser and will be invoiced separately.
11. In circumstances when goods, materials, fixtures and/or fittings are supplied by The Purchaser, such items remain The Purchaser’s responsibility. Goods will need to be available immediately when required by The Company installers. Any delays may incur an additional waiting or delay fee. In the event that The Company installation is based upon a plan not drawn up by The Company, The Company cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies in such drawing and/or specification, measurements and alike.
12. In circumstances where goods have been damaged on transit to The Company and The Company have returned goods back to the supplier The Purchaser cannot hold The Company responsible for delays in services and goods however The Purchaser will be notified if such happens.
13. In circumstances where parts are missing from goods or have been packaged wrongly by the supplier and missing items/wrong goods are to be reordered which may delay services The Purchaser cannot hold The Company responsible. The Purchaser will be notified if such happens
14. Upon delivery of all goods, fixtures, fittings and materials, to The Purchaser’s premises, all goods immediately become The Purchaser’s responsibility. It is The Purchasers’ responsibility to ensure that they hold adequate household, contents and buildings insurance.
15. Whilst every effort will be made to produce accurate brochures, literature and price lists, these are a guide only. Any inaccuracies do not constitute breach of Contract.
16. The Company continually strive to improve products, methods and materials. The Company reserve the right to change
specifications from time to time without prior notice so long as the changes do not materially affect the appearance or performance of the installation. The Company will not make and significant variations without The Purchaser’s prior agreement. If for any reason beyond The Companies’ reasonable control The Company are unable to supply a particular item of furniture or a particular appliance, The Company will notify The Purchaser. With The Purchaser’s agreement, The Company will replace it with an item of equal standard or value. Any increase in price will be the responsibility of The Purchaser.
17. In the event, that during installation The Purchaser changes their mind regarding goods which are on the contract, the cost of
these goods also have to be paid for by The Purchaser as additional items if The Company are unable to return the original goods
ordered back to the supplier. The Purchaser will be notified if such happens.
18. Products made from natural materials are likely to have variations of shade and grain. Some woods will mellow with exposure to sunlight and grain. Wood is a natural material and are subject to knots. Granites are also a natural material; these will vary in colour
and patterns from the samples in store. Refunds or exchanges cannot be made for these reasons alone.
19. The price detailed in The Contract shall remain fixed for 3 months from the date of The Contract. Any additional extras to The
Contract will be discussed and agreed with The Purchaser, prior to the final invoice.
20. The guarantee is not transferable and only available to the original purchaser. It is effective immediately on completion of the
21. All materials not manufactured by The Company are not guaranteed by The Company and are subject to the manufactures own
guarantee and after sales (e.g. all appliances, sinks, taps, baths, electrical equipment etc.)
22. Any dispute under this Contract shall be referred to an independent arbiter appointed by both parties.
23. If The Purchaser chooses not to use The Companies’ own installation service, please ensure the plan and quantities are checked by The Purchaser’s own installer prior to delivery as The Company are unable to accept the return of any product after delivery.
24. If The Purchaser chooses not to use The Companies’ installation service, The Company cannot accept responsibility for any
damage, or failure to comply with relevant gas, water, or electricity regulations caused by installation errors.
25. The Company require deposit set out at point of Contract to secure The Purchaser’s delivery date. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of The Purchaser cancelling.
26. Payment Terms Unless explicitly agreed prior to commencement of work, payment will be due in full prior to services being
provided. Where a quotation has been provided, the full amount, less any payments already made, is payable. Where a quotation has not been provided, The Company will advise the customer of the amount due and will post a detailed receipted invoice. All prices include VAT at the appropriate rate.
Acceptable methods of payment are:
• Electronic Payment (BACS, CHAPS, etc.
27. All materials and goods supplied by The Company shall remain the property of The Company until the full invoice has been paid
by The Purchaser. If The Purchaser fails to pay the full invoice amount The Company holds the right to refuse commencement of
their services until payment is made, after 7 days of non-payment The company can cancel all services required and cancellation fees to be charged to The Purchaser.
28. The Company reserve the right to charge interest on any unpaid items, more than 30 days from the date of invoice, at 8% over
Bank of England base rate.
29. The Company reserves the right to void guarantee of works and products if The Purchaser fails to pay the full invoiced amount.
James Cornwell Interiors Ltd (FRN: 803973) is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd
T/A Ideal4Finance. Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender FRN 703401
Finance available subject to status. Loans of 25000 and above available on a secured basis.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it.